Welcome to the Mt. Index Riversites online community!  This is the official Mt. Index Riversites website. To take full advantage of the website, sign up for a user account with your valid email address. No anonymous postings are allowed; if your user name does not indicate your real name, please sign all your postings with your first and last name.

Power and PUD

 

The Executive Committee has been in constant communications with PUD on the issues of power the past few weeks. The following is what we can report.


 

Short Term

1. PUD will do their best to maintain power, as demonstrated by the restoration of power after the latest outage.


Long Term

1. PUD has had several high level meetings evaluating options for a long term solution to the issue of power.

2. PUD will be onsite on Thursday for a first hand observation of the situation, including Sunset Falls slide area and the access road from US-2 to the Canyon Falls bridge.


The Executive committee will keep in constant contact with PUD and pass any important information along to property owners. 

 

Next Board Meeting Jan. 3rd

 Next MIRCC Board of Directors meeting is scheduled for Jan 3rd 9:00 am at the Index Fire Station.  Please join us for committee updates and budget status report.  See you then!

THANK YOU VOLUNTEERS !!

                                         

There have been a number of volunteers who have contributed to various work projects in the community this fall.  Their efforts have been significant, saved the community lots of dollars and contributed to our driving and lifestyle comfort.

Jim Derowitz has been filling potholes in E-section all fall, as needed, using his tractor to move material to the needed locations.

Greg Parks has hand shoveled material into his pickup and then filled potholes on Alder Loop and the main road.

Jeff Smith has been coordinating with Snohomish County PUD to get a troublesome power pole moved out of the path of the landslide and to a safer location.  This is the pole that caused so many outages last winter.

Paul brought his portable welder to the gate location, raised the gate above snow level and strengthened the hinge design.  Hopefully we won’t have any more problems with a sagging and dragging gate.

Jay Karlstrom has been using Rex Harmon’s tractor to move material and fill potholes on the access road to E-section all summer and fall. 

A number of A-section folks have stepped up to help manage the road work and coordinate with the USFS in that area.

Many thanks to all those who are helping to make this season as safe and comfortable as possible!

Don’t be shy about helping out.  I see lots of culverts that need cleaning out and there will always be potholes.  If you have a talent you could lend to the community please let a board member know.

Submitted by Mark Haenlein

New Committee listing & contact information catagory

New category listed on the left side of the main website home page.

Committee listing for the Board of Directors, with an email address that when used will send an email to all members of that committee.

If you have questions concerning a particular subject please direct it to the appropriate committee.

 

Next Board of Directors meeting is scheduled for Saturday, December 6th at 9:00 a.m.

 

Next MIRCC Board of Directors meeting is scheduled for Saturday, December 6th at 9:00 a.m. at the Index Fire Station.  Please join us for committee updates and budget status report.  See you then!

New Community Announcement Category

 NEW category added under navigation on the left side of the website clicking will display  Community Announcements 
 The first post is information for Heybrook Ridge County Park upcoming Public Meeting

A-Sec Road work on Wednesday Oct 29th

A-section residents should be happy to hear that grading and road work went well today and we are on our way back to having safe drivable roads. We will continue to work on our roads adding asphalt grindings and/or gravel as needed. All road work is being done as weather permits. Please help do your part by keeping your speed down. Slower speeds greatly increases the time it takes for pot holes and washboards to form.


Gary Hubbard
A-Sec Road Manager 
 

MIRCC Committees assigned

COMMITTEE ASSIGNMENTS CONFIRMED -- In our continuing efforts to better serve the community and focus our volunteer efforts more efficiently the MIRCC Board of Directors has made the following committee assignments:


EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE:  BUDGET, FINANCE & ASSESSMENTS

Mark Bollman, President

Earl Van Buskirk, Vice President

Mark Haenlein, Secretary

Phil Reichel, Treasurer


E-SECTION ROADS

(Responsibilities:  Emergency Response, Snow Removal, Bridge Safety, Gate Keepers, Tow Truck)

Mark Haenlein, Committee Chair and Road Manager

Cameron Elias, Assistant Road Road Manager

Tom Grenier, Dave MacFarlane


CANYON FALLS TO SR-2

Earl Van Buskirk, Chair

Mark Bollman, Mark Haenlein, Gary Johnson


A-SECTION ROADS

(Responsibilities:  Emergency Response, Snow Removal, Tow Truck, McCall Creek)

Gary Hubbard, Patty Harbaugh, 

Mat Williams, CJ Holmes


USFS ROAD 6020  Lynne Kelly


BYLAWS, ETHICS, LEGAL

Gary Johnson, Chair

Don Larsen, Mark Haenlein, Earl Van Buskirk


COLLECTIONS

Phil Reichel, Chair

Julia Akin, Don Larsen


COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT

Julia Akin, Chair

Phil Reichel, Don Larsen


PAYTAN CREEK BRIDGE

Julia Akin, CJ Holmes



We look forward to hearing from you if you have ideas or suggestions a specific committee should consider.  Thank you for your input!


Respectfully Submitted by


Mark Bollman

 

MIRCC President

 

President Mark Bollman's email to A-sec owners

Greetings A-section Neighbors:
 
Thank you to everyone who attended the focus group meeting last weekend.  As I mentioned on Saturday, the MIRCC Board of Directors asked me to appoint a four-person committee to focus on the road maintenance needs below Sunset Falls.  After careful consideration I've asked these four outstanding community members to work together with A-section owners and report back to the board with specific recommendations:
 
Gary Hubbard:  full-time resident, retired and living on the main road at beginning of community.
Patty Harbaugh:  non-resident and long-time board member from Loop Road.
CJ Holmes:  from Paytan Creek Road
Mat Williams:  from Sertz Road
 
I believe these four individuals represent a diverse cross-section of your community and I hope you will consider working closely with them if you have specific suggestions they should bring to the MIRCC Board of Directors to vote on. 
 

Board Meeting 9 am Oct 4th Index Firestation

Mt. Index Riversites Community Club, Inc. PO Box 177, Index, WA 98256

NOTICE OF SPECIAL COMMUNITY MEETING

September 24, 2014

Greetings Neighbors:

I am writing to you on behalf of the MIRCC Board of Directors to ask for your help. At our last meeting the board voted to establish a “committee to make recommendations regarding below- slide road issues” to ensure that MIRCC is responsive to the needs of our downstream neighbors. Of the 13 current board members 11 are from above Sunset Falls and access their property over the new Canyon Falls Bridge so we no longer drive the first two miles of Mt. Index Road.

Since the massive mudslide that divided our community last winter our focus has been to restore access by building a new bridge at Canyon Falls. We are proud of the board members who stepped up and donated their time to make the new bridge a reality. But now we are faced with the equally daunting task of paying back the debt over the next four years exclusively with assessment funds from upstream owners, while continuing to explore and implement solutions for permanent access to Hwy 2.

Meanwhile, as winter fast approaches there is growing concern about ongoing road maintenance needs in your neighborhood as well as a need to plan for snow removal and emergency management in case of flood or other natural disaster. With all of this in mind, I am inviting you to join me in a focus-group discussion to consider the future of road maintenance and management in your sections of MIR below Sunset Falls.

Please mark your calendar and plan to bring your best ideas and suggestions to the Index Fire Station at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, October 4th immediately following our regular monthly business meeting. There will be time to hear from everyone and we will make sure all comments are noted and reported to the Board of Directors before any critical decisions are made. We look forward to hearing your thoughts and concerns next Saturday or feel free to email markbollman@yahoo.com to let me know how you would like to help improve our community.

Sincerely,

Mark Bollman

Mark Bollman MIRCC President 

 

Syndicate content